[YG-1 Indexable Inserts]
Newly introducing turning CVD grade, ‘YG3115’ for Steel
/ Dec 30, 2022
YG-1’s the next new generation CVD coated grade for Steel
YG-1 has launched a new CVD coated turning grade YG3115, designed for high cutting speed with reliability of longer tool life.
The new special sintering process of the substrate of YG3115 makes it possible remarkable combination of high wear resistance and mechanical stress stability increasing chipping resistance.
With YG-1’s special post surface treatment and new coating technology, YG3115 enhances stability of the wear patterns with longer tool life, and extends the versatility of the grade from scale cuts in forged components and skin cuts in post heat treated components to both continuous and interrupted cuts. It meets the high coating adhesion demands from preventing built up edge commonly occurring in mild steel, low carbon steel and low carbon alloy steel.
YG3115 produces a superior surface finish, meets high productivity demands in mass production and offers toughness behavior to yield maximum predictability.
- Exceptional performance in Steel at high cutting speed
- Excellent surface
- Suitable for mass production due to stable and predictable tool life
- Minimizing built up edge from new post surface treatment in Mild steels, Low carbon steel and Low
carbon alloy steel
- Great solution for both continuous as well as interrupted cuts
- High production environment, typically found in automotive components at high cutting speed on Steels
such as bearing hub, spindle, shaft, pin, gear, universal joint, CV Joint, spindle, ball stud, etc.
- Very suitable tool life for general turning applications
- Optimal for mass production in an automatic production line due to the predictable and long tool life
at elevated cutting speed